It's been several weeks since I've worked out twice in the same week. I was challenged today that the primary reason is not busyness but laziness. I'm writing to encourage you several things: if you're into working out, but lifts and weights and gyms scare you, just take one step at a time. That's what I'm doing, and it's working. I'm not huge, I don't play competitive sports, but I'm growing in strength and determination every day.
I 'earned a few things about me in the last month: I'm afraid of pushing my time, and myself when I'm worn down... but that's when I need the energy boost and mental stretching the most.
So I pushed hard at the YMCA in North Wichita.
Warm Up was 10 Pushups, and 10 Burpee Pullups.
Then, I tried my first goal: Front Squat.
The front squat, overhead squat, and push press are all part of training myself to be able to do an Olympic lift known as the Clean. It sounds simple, but it scares me, I can't seem to do one right yet, so I'm working on the movements. (advice from crossfit.com demo's)
Do you see the elbows? That's freakin hard for this skinny guy to do! So, I started with just the bar, practiced the motion, and then added some weight. I topped out at 75lbs, but nailed about 30 reps, so I could definitely add weight. I think I was concerned about getting the form down. I normally don't squat a lot of weight, so it was a BIG achievement for me.
to finish Paying-Myself-For-Not-Working-Out, I did 30+ push presses, 20 knees to elbows (core), 100 Jumping Lunges (personal best) and carried 2 x 40lb dumbbells (also personal best) in the farmer carry, rack carry, and waiter carry (ala zacheven-esh.com, basically an upper body/core assassin!).
What are you going to learn this week?

No comments:
Post a Comment