It's been awhile since I posted personal coffee goodness on here. There's a journal of sorts, almost a ledger of my coffee education. A simple $0.99 bound compendium of whatever I have learned since trying to figure out how to brew a shot of espresso last year. My brother jokes it will be a guarded family secret. I laughed, until I realized how little people know about making coffee. Often, they simply want to drink it.
I've come from a thrift store steam power machine; that sometimes gives me good pulls; to a donated French Press and back. Now I rest with that $7 steam machine steaming my milk for chai and lattes, and a cute aluminum Moka pot taking care of the effortless espresso. Our drinks are consistent, the syrups homemade whenever possible, and friends are often eager to learn the newest drink mix (Bethany's favorite is a Vanilla Cinnamon latte, with the syrup and cinnamon on the bottom of the cup so it rises with the foam.)
I've learned for me it's not about perfection or expensive stainless appliances. I'm happy with flavor, consistency, and fresh roasted beans.
So, where have you been? Where are you now? What's important in your life (besides coffee?)
1 comment:
Most important to me is sharing coffee with my kids. I am 'simply going' there.
Post a Comment