Sunday, October 19, 2008

So, I finally did it. I carved two dovetails into the end of a 3 x 3/8" pine board. After carefully measuring and marking my layout with my new sliding T-Bevel. (Keeps angles so you only have to set it once)
my NEW 6" Fine Dovetail Dozuki precisely cut the angles. With an amazing 32 teeth per inch, it still cuts super fast but very fine, and VERY accurately.
I'm sorry I don't have more pictures, but the camera was nowhere to be found, and daylight was fading. If you know me, all you have to do is picture Me, out on our "L" shaped deck about 6ft x 6ft, with a Black and Decker portable clamping workbench, a thin pine board clamped in it, and all these woodworker tools sprawled out around me. With the sun going down, I calmly cut and chisled the small pieces of wood out of my first board. Despite the precise, fine work, I felt Manly. Without a workshop or even a real work bench, I have begun my woodworking. 
I used a good chunk of my birthday money this year to buy the workbench and the T-bevel, and the saw was purchased with a bonus I earned at work. So to all those who have funded and encouraged this hobby, thank you so much. I will definitely not be stopping now.

No comments: